Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lucky Girl

I am a very lucky girl (and so is Nora).  Last week was Marc's first week to start traveling again for work.  Needless to say, I was pretty anxious about being on my own for the week.  I'm sure if Nora knew what was going on she would have been even more nervous.  In the end, we survived (and even did pretty well), but I owe our success (and my sanity) to my sweet friends.  They brought dinner every night, and on two different nights, two sweet friends left their own children at home to come over and keep me company.  I think I would have been crawling the walls without them!  Other friends texted or emailed to check on us during the week.  All in all, these sweet friends made last week fly by.  I don't know what I did to deserve them, but I do know that I am very blessed.  Thank you girls!

P.S.  For those of you who want to know how crib boot camp is going, two words:  not well.  We made it a whopping 21 minutes before total meltdown.  So, we are back in the nap nanny for now.  But I'm determined to at least start some naps in the crib.  Slow and steady wins the race.  At least that's what I'm telling myself. 

1 comment:

  1. You are a sweet friend to all of us! We love you, so it's the least we could do!

    She'll get in the crib eventually- try not to stress too much. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete