Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2 Month Check-Up

Nora had her 2 month check-up on Monday.  She is just shy of her 2 month birthday, but we wanted to go ahead and get her vaccinations before she starts school next week.  I was a little apprehensive about this visit because of the shots (which are probably more painful for the parents than the baby).  Nora was a little apprehensive too:


But she did great.  She performed like a champ for Dr. P (showing off her neck control and her grunting) and got a clean bill of health.  We still aren't sure about the cause of the grunting, but Dr. P thinks it is either acid reflux or just tummy issues.  We are going to give her gripe water consistently to see if that helps (which would indicate tummy issues) before we start Zantac (reflux).  I really am leaning towards general tummy rumbling, but we'll see.  She also got a round of vaccinations (2 shots and an oral vaccine).  She cried when they stuck her but quickly stopped.  Mama was most happy about that; I don't think my heart could have handled a complete meltdown.  (Marc escaped all of this due to a work meeting.) 

the "calm" before the shot "storm"
Her stats looked great.  She was 21 and 3/4 inches (45 percentile) and weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 9 oz (30th percentile)!  Since she was in the 20th percentile at her one month appointment, we are thrilled with the weight gain.  Of course, she is still slightly smaller than her mama was AT BIRTH.  That is just stunning to me.  Lordy, I was a huge baby.  No wonder people stared in the hospital.

All in all, a great visit.  And it must have worn her out because she slept from 9 pm to 5:30 am last night.  I'm sure she won't repeat it for a while, but I was still excited! 

2 comments:

  1. That's great she slept so well! Maybe it will continue! And exciting about her weight gain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Nora, sleeping through the night like a champ! Hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete