Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

We had a very eventful Easter weekend.  Our weekend began on Thursday with Marc's birthday celebration.  What's better than pizza at Davenport's with friends to celebrate?






After-dinner drinks at Dram, that's what!  It was very much like a 7th grade party (boys on one side, girls on the other), but with bourbon.  [Maybe your 7th grade parties had booze, mine didn't.  That surprises no one, I'm sure]. 




Saturday was another big day.  I was confirmed in the Catholic Church.  Marc is a "cradle Catholic," we've been attending Mass since we started dating, and we were married in the Church.  But until Saturday, I was just a bystander (you know, one of those poor souls still in the pew who everyone looks at as they go down to receive communion).  I was confirmed at the Easter Vigil, which began at 8 pm and lasted until about 10:30, Saturday night.  It was a wonderful service, and I loved every minute.  But I think M's ADHD kicked in about an hour into it. 




My mom came up for the service and treated us to a yummy dinner beforehand. 



Officially a Catholic!

The next morning we celebrated Easter with brunch at our house.  Trish stayed and supervised while Marc and I cooked.  We had quiche, these delicious cinnamon rolls, fruit, and extra-crispy bacon (my favorite).  




As if we weren't already stuffed from brunch, Marc fired up his newest toy (his birthday present) for an afternoon of grilling out. 



After several hours, this is what we were rewarded with:



We paired it with some summer libations:


And invited a few friends over.  All in all, a wonderful way to end a wonderful weekend.

And last but not least, Marc squeezed in some time for a project.  I know, I know - what Easter weekend could be complete without painting some thrift-store lamps?  We now have freshly painted buffet lamps.  I haven't mentioned it before, but we have a bit of a lamp "obsession" at our house.


I hope everyone's Easter was as special and meaningful as ours was.  Happy (belated) Easter!

5 comments:

  1. And what birthday party would be complete without the guys playing video games until the pizza arrived to the table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there-I was literally just introduced to your blog by your husband. He and I were good friends in college and I can already tell that the two of you are perfect for each other. You're both so crafty.

    Ask him about the lamp shades he painted in college or the ottomans he recovered... or about the time he made potato soup and almost the entire container of pepper spilled into it. We still ate it though!

    I am looking forward to reading more about your adjustments. You're a good writer and I have laughed out loud for every post. You've set your bar pretty high. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job Marc!!!! Can't wait to do our upholstery project.... Primmy, Marc will clue you in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Saturday night went well! You looked so pretty! And I love your Easter table! And the fabric on the back of your chairs- LOVE! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete