Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A new project

Although we've been in our house for over a year, we are still settling in.  I've been reluctant to do a lot of decorating because (a) I don't want to "mess up" and (b) I want everything to be perfect.  (Ahh, the plight of the only child with a type-A personality).   We did purchase a new couch for the den, but it needed a little something (M would say it needed color; he's probably right). 



I decided that a lumbar pillow would do the trick.  I know what you are thinking:  time for a shopping trip!  Not quite.  I decided to travel a different path.  It can't be that hard to make a pillow, can it?  So, the project began.  

Rather than bother with something as pesky as a pattern, I created my own pattern - on a few post-it notes during my lunch break. 


Then the fun began.  There was cutting


and pinning


and sewing.


Then, finally, there was a pillow!  Here is the couch with its most recent addition. 


And here's a close-up of my handiwork. 


Now, I've just got to figure out what I'm going to do for my next project.  Maybe curtains.  We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. The pillow looks great! Jealous you are great with a sewing machine- I would love to do some crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric. Good work, pescalona!

    ReplyDelete