Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wedding Weekend

See, this blog does have a wedding entry every now and then.  Last weekend, Mary Louis, Morgan, and I set out for a girls trip to St. Simon's Island for our friend Sarah Frances's wedding.  We had a great time.  The tree-lined streets were full of Southern charm; the shops were bursting with must-have items (I think Morgan brought back a new wardrobe); the libations were delicious, especially those sipped while looking out at the ocean.  (The only downside was that every destination required us to drive through a treacherous round-about; we barely escaped with our lives.)

As if all St. Simon's had to offer wasn't enough, we got to go to one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever attended.  The ceremony was in an idyllic white chapel.  The bride was stunning; the groom beaming.  And the reception - oh the reception.  It was held on the grounds of seaside mansion that boasted a giant tent full of twinkling white lights and a gorgeous chandelier.  Under that canopy, we danced, we dined (on wild game no less), we toasted the loving couple.  You can almost picture it, right?  Good.  Because I failed to bring a camera and took almost zero pictures of the entire trip.

I did, however, have my trusty camera phone and managed to capture a few choice shots.   Please forgive the blurriness - these were taken after a few cocktails.


Mo also enjoyed a few cocktails.  And apparently some wild boar...



If these pictures have whetted your appetite for more, you can visit ML's blog for some pictures of the lovely scenery I've so painstakingly described.  We had a great time, and I'm so glad that I was able to spend some time with such fun girls.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Marc was busy with a surprise project.  When I left home on Friday, our bedroom looked like this:


Boring white walls.  Please excuse the panda pillows.  They are not a permanent addition to our room (I know that is shocking).  Marc picked them up at Walmart for the Tau Deltas, and they ended up in the corner of our room for a little while.  Our housekeeper thought it would be funny to put them on the bed.  Funny, indeed (this is why I even have a picture of the "before").

Well, when I got home on Sunday (after spending a good 4.5 hours in the Atlanta airport), I was greeted with this:


Marc had painted our bedroom one of my favorite colors.  I was thrilled, and I still love waking up to some color on the walls.  Now, I've just got to work on the rest of the room.

1 comment: