Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bath time, Fun time


** Marc wanted to get in on the blogging action (after complaining about my delay in posting), so he wrote this post.**

There are numerous perks of living life in your own home instead of an airplane. However, my two favorites are going on family walks and NEE and I’s bath time routine.  Half of the readers would bail if I started discussing the art of walking and the route that we take around Homewood. So, our bath time routine won out by a technicality. Prim is an amazing mother and she wants to be 100% involved in everything NEE does, but bath time is just for us. It is the only time that I get to corrupt her with LSU fight songs and gangsta rap. She is somewhat responsive to the LSU songs, but she prefers the hokey pokey to Lil Wayne.



There are two essentials to a quality bath: Turtle and Pig.

 

Outside of friendship, Turtle helps NEE and I keep the water within the appropriate temperature range. If Turtle turns yellow, then we know it is time to dry off and head upstairs for bedtime. (I guess the old practice of leaving the tub when your hands and feet matched your grandmother's is no longer in play.) Pig is really special because I found her on my last work trip before I switched jobs. It will always remind me of the friends I left in consulting and the ultimate reason I left.


I am looking forward to many more memories with our growing family. If Boss approves, maybe NEE can get a real turtle or pig.





2 comments:

  1. I vote for a pig! C bug could help NEE train it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post and such a cutie pie! I bet she loves bath time with daddy!

    ReplyDelete