Marc and I are blessed with friends who are generally pretty awesome. But, on occasion, even they step it up a notch and do things that are really impressive. Because there isn't anything amazing going on with us right now, I'll share what some of our friends have been up to. As you can see, we are very proud of them and are lucky to have them as friends.
1. Brooke: B is basically super woman. She's a great mom to an active almost 2 year old; works full-time; is married to a great guy, who happens to have a very demanding and time-consuming job; and still manages to be involved in her community through the Chattanooga Junior League and other organizations. On top of all this, she still manages to cook creative and delicious meals. Even thinking about all of this makes me tired; I can barely pull together a bowl of Easy Mac. Apparently, I'm not the only one awestruck by her skills. Her local paper recently spotlighted B in an article on cooking with your kids. I love when my friends are recognized for the outstanding people they are. Way to go!
2. Erin: As if it runs in families, B's twin sister, Erin, is equally awe-inspiring. E - mother to 3 yo Reid and baby boy S (set to arrive in August) - works full-time for the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham. This is a great foundation that strives daily to improve our city and the lives of its inhabitants. Recently, Erin has been working on tornado recovery and the Bama Rising benefit concert. Talk about making a difference in the lives of those around you. I am so inspired by E's commitments - to her family, her friends, her job, and most of all, her community. As a small plug, please consider supporting E's efforts by donating to the Community Foundation or purchasing tickets for the benefit concert on June 14th (tickets go on sale today: Friday, May 20th).
3. Ali: Ali started as a friend of M's, but now I claim her. Ali is probably the person who made me feel the most accepted in Marc's circle of friends, right from the beginning. Don't get me wrong; Marc has a slew of wonderful friends who have always made me feel welcome. But Ali went out of her way to reach out to me, and for that kindness I am eternally grateful. [In case you haven't noticed, M likes the spotlight just a little. I, on the other hand, am not adept at infiltrating a group of friends that have known each other since birth.] Now that I know Ali, it isn't surprising that she made me feel so comfortable and accepted. That's just who she is. Ali has such a heart for others and for service, which makes her job as Events Coordinator at the Miles Perret Center in Lafayette, Louisiana, a perfect fit. The Center, founded by a family who lost a child to cancer, serves cancer patients and their families through a variety of services. It is such a worthwhile organization, and we are so proud that Ali is making a difference in the lives of those struggling with this disease. Of course, we aren't surprised - Ali has been making a difference in our lives for years.
4. Meghan: Meghan was another fast friend from the Lafayette crew. Meghan is a ball of energy and is one of the most outgoing and funny people I know. She's also one of the most fashionable people I know and can pull off just about any of the latest trends. Meghan is married to one of M's best friends, Kelly, and we love spending time with them. Megbo appreciates my smocking, loves a good boat drink, and always makes us laugh with her outrageous plans (particularly those that involve purchasing and naming a boat) - pretty much an ideal person to call a friend. On top of being a newlywed, settling into a new house, and working, Megbo has somehow found time to start her own business - Frosting Sweet Shoppe. Meghan and her business partner, Ashley, (along with sous chef Kelly) make the cutest and most delicious cookies and cakes. They are off to a great success, and we are so proud. Now, I'm just trying to figure out how to transport some cookies from Lafayette to Birmingham.
This post could go on for days, but I think I'll save the rest of our friends for later installments. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Oh - and be sure to buy Bama Rising tickets!
I'm so honored to be mentioned, Prim. :) Love you! B
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Primmy! You made my day!
ReplyDeleteAs evidenced by all my work at the Community Foundation (which will suck the life out of you, if you happen to be planning a major concert), I am just seeing this. Thanks for the shout out, Prim. Now I'm even more embarrassed my blog hasn't been updated since October. Whoops!
ReplyDelete