Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

We celebrated Nora's first Easter this year.  Easter has always been such a special time for my family, and I loved sharing it with Nora this year.  Two years ago, I was confirmed in the Catholic Church at Easter and last year I was pregnant with N at this time, so we've had several really special Easters in a row! 

Marc's dad and brother drove up from Louisiana to spend the weekend with us.  I know Nora loved spending time with Papa Dude and Uncle Todd.  I'm pretty sure they loved spending time with her too! 


 We had a mostly low-key weekend, except for getting to spend Saturday afternoon celebrating our sweet friends Sallie Cate and Sinclair.  I wish I had pictures from the party (ML and Chris outdid themselves in the party department - as usual).  It was so cute, and everything was perfect.  The rain even held off long enough for the kids to hunt eggs.  Nora napped late that day, so we were late to the party and I was doing good to balance Nora, much less a camera!

On Easter Sunday, Nora was so excited about the resurrection that she woke up at 5:30!  So, we easily made it to the early Mass at 8:30.  The church was packed, and N was feeling vocal, so I spent most of the service out in the entryway of the church with about a million other parents and children.  Nora has started really squealing with joy, which is precious, but it is also LOUD.  While standing outside the sanctuary, Nora (holding a stuffed duck) let out a yell.  The older lady next to me asked, "was that the duck or her??!!"  Um, her.  [Actually, she asked, "was that him or the duck?"  I kept saying "it was her."  The lady kept saying, "no - was that him?"  Yes, my baby - who is wearing a dress - is a boy.  Geez.]

Nora is wearing my Easter bonnet and one of my dresses.  My grandmother made both and they are beautiful.  I'm so glad Nora got to wear them.

After church, we came home and Nora napped so that we could enjoy a delicious brunch prepared by Marc.  We had homemade french toast, the best bacon, and fruit.  We all cleaned our plates.  Marc's brother went back for seconds!

The Easter Bunny also made sure to visit Nora.  Her Easter basket is the same basket I used as a child (updated by Shugie).  It is actually the same basket my father used as a little boy, so it is very special to us.  I love that it will now be Nora's basket. 

Where is my basket, Mama?  Did the Easter Bunny come?



There it is!  He came!

 The Bunny left her lots of fun stuff - most of it very practical (plates, snack cups, sippy cups), but a few fun things (a lovey, new sunglasses, a hippo). 





Modeling my new shades

 Nora also received gifts from others.  Aunt Momo gave her a basket full of fun things (including the stuffed duck mentioned above).  One of our favorite gifts was a pair of bunny slippers.  They are too cute, and Nora will actually keep them on, which is an achievement! 


Look at my cute bunny slippers!
 Shugie and Bill sent Nora a little Easter Basket with some Peter Rabbit baby food, a sweet Easter book, a bib, and a sugar egg (just like Mama used to get every year!).  Shugie and Bill also were sweet enough to send Mama and Daddy an Easter basket with our favorite candy and money for a babysitter.  (Yay!)  I think that after keeping Nora for an entire weekend last weekend, they are ready for another babysitter to take a turn!


Yams sent Nora an Easter surprise as well - a book and a little barn with animals that are just the right size for Nora's little hands!  Aunt Dottie and Uncle Jay sent Nora a Peter Rabbit book. 

And Uncle Todd and Papa Dude brought presents too!  Uncle Todd gave Nora her own "iPhone," a little wooden phone that she can bang around without causing any damage (unlike our real phones that she loves to play with).  Papa Dude gave her a lollacup, which is precious.  She loves to play with it.  Now, if I could just get her actually use a sippy cup...





Loving my pink iPhone



We had a great first Easter with our doodle bug.  I'm so thankful for God's promises and for this most precious gift that He has given us. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to the Escalona's! Beautiful pics!! Love the memories you are getting to create with NEE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like Nora racked up! The easter bunny brought us some essentials too....like a personalized LSU plate and sippy cup of course! She has the prettiest skin....(random). also random, the sippy dude got her was featured on shark tank....do yall watch that show?! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora had a great Easter! Love the beautiful bonnet! Wish I had thought to put one on SC while she was still young enough to wear one. :( :( And love that she has your dad's old basket!!

    ReplyDelete