| Out of about 20 pictures, this was the best we could do. |
I know I say it every time, but I can't believe my sweet baby girl has gotten so big. For a point of reference, here is when we took her home from the hospital:
She doesn't even look like the same baby to me! Nora is really developing a personality, and she is so fun to be around these days. She smiles and laughs (at least until you get the camera out, then she turns serious). She's gotten good at rolling over from her tummy to her back. And her head control is improving. She can sit up in her Bumbo seat or on our laps. She still loves her activity mat (thank you SF!) and has started interacting with her toys. She reaches out and grabs the toys (or my hair) and her grip is very strong (particularly on the hair). She "talks" to us a lot and blows bubbles or drools constantly (there is some speculation about teeth, but I don't think they are coming any time soon). She loves to suck/chew on her hands and sometimes catches her thumb. I still think she is going to be a thumb-sucker once she gets more control over her hands.
She eats every 3 hours during the day and takes 4 oz at a time. She's going to sleep around 6:30 at night, wakes up around 3:30 to eat, and then wakes up between 6:30 and 7:00 for the morning. When she's at home, she stays on a pretty good eat-play-sleep schedule and gets in 3 naps. At school, she usually gets in about two shorter naps. She is still sleeping in her cradle at home (she hates her crib), so I think that affects her naps at school. We keep trying to get her into the crib, but she is really resisting (meltdowns every time), so I am going to wait and try again. She started sleeping through the night (5 nights in a row!). But then she had her first ear infection this past month, and that really threw her sleeping for a loop, so I'm giving her some time to get back on a schedule.
| We got a little distracted by something on the ceiling. (There wasn't anything really there.) |
| The closest thing to a smile that she would give. This required me to hold the camera away from my face and just snap, hoping to catch her in the frame. |
It was this time last year that we found out that we were expecting a baby. What a difference a year makes! Sweet girl - we are so glad that you are here and we love you so much!
She's growing up so fast!! Love that little smile and eyebrow raise!! :)
ReplyDelete