Monday, November 5, 2012

4 Month Appointment

We had Nora's 4 month appointment today (and by "we," I mean Nora and me.  Marc, once again, had a meeting at work.  How convenient that these meetings pop up on the "shot" visits.).  Nora was in a great mood for the appointment (up until the shots happened).  She smiled and "performed" for Dr. P.  She showed off her good neck control during some tummy time and got a clean bill of health.  She weighed 12 lbs. 3 oz {20th percentile} and was 23 inches long {10th percentile}.  Dr. P said she was "petite" but still within the okay range.  [I'm not convinced the height measurement was correct.  She was pretty squirmy during the measurement.  Dr. P said the same thing, so we'll see at the next appointment.]

We got the green light to slowly start rice cereal this month (and veggies next month).  So, we'll start that this week.  I thought about doing it tonight, but she had a rough afternoon after the shots, so I just decided to wait.  Dr. P also said that we've got to get serious about (1) stopping the swaddle and (2) sleeping in the crib.  So, tomorrow night we are starting with the swaddle and will work our way up to the crib. 

Nora got two shots (and one oral vaccine).  She cried (screamed) more this time and had a rough afternoon.  In a flashback to her ear infection, she was pretty inconsolable when she wasn't being held.  So, I got very little work done today, but got in a lot of good cuddle time.  She did manage to sit in her Bumbo some this afternoon (Dr. P encouraged us to use the bumbo as much as possible). 


3 comments:

  1. Poor baby. Shots are no fun for anyone! Why is it that they are always out of the combined injections when SC is there and she always has to get 4 shots?! Glad NEE got a good report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean- can she be any cuter? doubtful. I need to come see her asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful big eyes! Nice color combo w/ the pjs and bumbo! :)

    ReplyDelete