Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Day of School

Nora started school this week.  Her first day was Wednesday.  I wanted her first day to be one when I was in town just in case she needed me.  She didn't.  She did great - at least that is what her teachers told me.  She cried a little when we dropped her off and was a little fussy that morning, but Mary Louis stopped by and loved on her a little and that did the trick.  Her teachers are so wonderful and sweet to her.  It warms my heart that she is in such good hands.  She napped in her crib the first day (a feat that cannot be accomplished at home), but I think she's been sleeping in a little cradle since then.  They must play a lot because she comes home completely tuckered out.  In fact, she slept through the night after her first day (9:30-6:00).  I couldn't believe it when I woke up at 5:30 and realized that I hadn't heard a peep out of her all night.  She hasn't repeated it, but she has been sleeping for longer stretches.  Hopefully school will equal nighttime sleeping!  I haven't taken a picture of her in her classroom yet, but hope to on Monday when I'm not rushed to get to Tuscaloosa.  We did manage to take a couple of pictures on her first day before we left the house:

She looks terrified.  I promise it wasn't that bad.



She has lots of friends at school, including Win, who is in her class, and Sallie Cate, Louis, and Curran who are all nearby.  I really think we are going to love it there! 

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Yay school! ;) Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look a little frightened in the pic with Marc. :) I am positive she is the 'best dressed' in her class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still trying to catch up on posts! :) Glad we have another buddy at school! I love me some snuggle time with sweet Nora!

    ReplyDelete