Nora's going home outfit was the dress I wore home from the hospital oh-so-many years ago. My grandmother, Mema (and Nora's namesake), made the dress, and it is gorgeous. The pictures don't do it justice. Unlike most of her newborn clothes, the dress fit Nora perfectly. Now, when I went home from the hospital I was tipping the scales at 9 lbs and 10 oz and the dress was a little snug (as in they couldn't button the buttons in the back). Clearly, petite little Nora didn't get her mama's girth.
Nora also wore the booties I wore home from the hospital. These were hand-tatted by a great-aunt and are very delicate. Actually, Nora wore them for the picture and then we returned them safely to the box. I didn't want to have to explain to Trish that a family heirloom had been kicked off somewhere between L&D room 310 and the parking deck.
Nora was a champ on the ride home. She seems to like her carseat, which is such a gift. I'm hoping this attitude continues.
A quick family shot upon arriving home (photo skills courtesy of Trish, which explains the weird angle and the distance, but at least we are all in the picture. Most of my childhood photos are missing someone's head.)
Welcome Home Nora!

No comments:
Post a Comment