My friend, Mary Louis, says that she
loves the hospital stay following delivery. At the time, I didn't understand, but after having a baby, I have to agree. I know it is weird to love the hospital, but it is so reassuring to have the nurses there. And, although you aren't the most comfortable, everyone really tries to cater to your needs, which is so nice. Marc was such a champ during our stay - he changed diapers, took care of me, including making sure there was plenty of Gatorade and sweets in the room, and was all-around great with Nora. While I enjoyed the stay, Marc probably doesn't share my sentiment since he had to sleep on a piece of plywood that was masquerading as a couch. Of course, he refused the sheets and blanket that both I and the nurses suggested. And then complained that he was cold. Next time, I think he'll probably try to bring an Aerobed with him.
Our stay was full of visitors. Nora was very popular. She spent some time with her grandparents:
 |
| Talking to Shugie. |
 |
| Meeting Yams for the first time. |
 |
| Spending some quality time with Dude |
Nora also had lots of other visitors:
 |
| Great-grandfather EE |
 |
| Uncle Todd |
 |
| Aunt Momo |
 |
| Uncle D, who got all dressed up for the occasion |
And for those of you who have known me for a long time, you'll be glad to know that Old Baby came along to the hospital to welcome "new baby."
Ok several things: first of all, these pictures make me SO jealous that I didn't get to come to the hospital. Second, I love Trish's grandmother name! Third, I'm so glad Old Baby got to meet Newest Baby. Lastly, I need to come visit my baby SOON!
ReplyDeleteUMMM excuse me.... you forgot facetime with Uncle Kell and Aunt Meg!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see that sweet little baby again soon!
ReplyDelete