Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Run This Town

With the close of summer, comes the beginning of another glorious season:  fall football.  For Labor Day, M and I traveled to Dallas for LSU's season opener in Cowboy Stadium.


To set the stage, I watched this a couple of times.  You should too.



Friday night (after a long day of travel), we grabbed dinner at a spot near the hotel and then turned in early for the following day's festivities.  So, bright and early on Saturday (okay, really more like around noon), we were ready to head to the stadium for some tailgaiting before the game.


 Our friends Thomas and Stephanie (who might be the cutest couple ever) stayed with us and were so sweet to help get us tickets to the game.   We loved getting to see them and only wish we could get together more often.


After losing a year of my life watching the end of the Auburn game, we finished up our cocktails and started the walk to Cowboy Stadium.




In the words of my sweet friend Rebecca, the stadium is TRULY. AWESOME.  The screen alone is worth the trip.



We cheered as the Tigers took the field,





and sang with the band (okay, I didn't sing because I don't know any of the words to the LSU songs - and I've never been a huge fan of the band - but I do love a band formation that spells things out on the field and LSU never disappoints on that front.  So for that, I cheered),



and celebrated the big win.


At the end of the night, M was one happy boy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment