| A favorite "sip" of summer: Bushwhackers at the Florabama. Mmmm. |
Although the weather hasn't gotten the news, Summer days are quickly slipping away. For me, Labor Day always signals the end of a glorious summer season. Time to pack up the white, linen, and seersucker (I realize that some people suggest that those rules are outdated, but my poor mother would have to take to her bed if I showed up in the middle of September in a white dress. And I don't even want to think about what she would do if I was sporting some white shoes - not that I actually own any.). Time to wind down the trips to the pool. Time to say goodbye to long, lazy summer days. But before we let go for good for the year, a few last "sips" of summer.
A sticky summer night on the town at Art on the Rocks:
Where we had "reverse twins." Yes, those are pink pants. M is very comfortable in his manhood, even though he can win almost any battle of the sexes game by knowing the difference between a sling-back and a wedge.
A fun dinner with out-of-town friends:
(And no, I'm not expecting. That is just a very unfortunate angle for a maxi dress that I had hiked up because we were all melting from the heat. Well, except for Will, who kept saying he was cool and comfortable. He failed to mention - until we were leaving - that there was a fan blowing directly on him the whole time.)
A quick girls' trip to the beach:
It has been a great time, but like all things, this summer must come to an end. And like Mo, it is time to wave goodbye.
Woo hoo! I made the blog ;) So great to see you again this past weekend. I'm going to strongly consider making the Alabama game trip!
ReplyDeleteMo's lookin' all Farrah Fawcett there in that last picture. Purty. :)
ReplyDelete