Nora is saying lots of words and phrases. Some of her favorites are "oh no!", "ushi" (Lucy), "no", "let's go," "sit," "duck," and "mo" (more). She likes to point to herself and then to me ("mama") and Marc ("daddy!"). She loves pointing out her facial features - eye, nose, mouth, ear. If you ask her where something is and she doesn't know, she'll lift her hands and shrug her shoulders. Trish swears she said, "I don't know" the other day as well.
She is great a giving kisses and loves to be held. She loves book and constantly wants you to read to her ("book, book!"). She also loves her shoes and will ask to wear shoes and socks constantly.
- On Sunday, we were trying to get ready for church. (I say trying because the process involved Nora walking around crying hysterically while I chased behind her with tights and a dress. Lovely, grace-filled moments leading up to church.). I finally asked her, "Do you want to go see Cur-Cur (Curran), Cakers (Sallie Cate), and Clair (Sinclair)?" She stopped crying and nodded her head "yes." I told her that she had to get dressed in order to go to church to see her friends. She walked over to me and acquiesced to the tights, bloomers, and the dress. I think that might have been her first time to answer "yes" to a question. It was so sweet to see that (1) she understood and (2) that she wanted to see her friends.
- Because the weather is so cold and dry lately, N's little cheeks are terribly chapped. I've started putting straight Vaseline or Aquaphor on them just to keep them from cracking. This morning, N reached for the Vaseline while I was getting her dressed, opened the top (all by herself), stuck her little finger in there and then rubbed Vaseline on her cheek. For some reason, it just struck me as so precious and so "growny"!
| Snow and a waffle, what more could a girl want? (Apparently a lot given that facial expression!) |
It's hard to even remember her at this age just learning those words! But how cute that she wanted to go see her buddies. :)
ReplyDeleteAw! Sweet stories!!
ReplyDeleteAw! Sweet stories!!
ReplyDelete